Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cartoons / Brooches / Paintings

Hydro Bottom Brooch #1
fordforlano-2002
8" x 8" oil on paper, 2011
Cartoon Brooch #5
 fordforlano-2002
8" x 8" oil on paper, 2011
Found Object Brooch,
fordforlano - 2004

8" x 8" oil on paper, 2011
These 8" x 8" oil paintings on paper are a direct response and exploration of a question I often get asked;  "Do you think your many years of making jewelry have influence on your paintings?"  I consider the influence to flow in both directions.  It is a very conscious choice that the small size of my paintings are in response to many years of working, table top, with jewelry. The "lobe-like" cartoony forms have always been a part of my vocabulary.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for create such a wonderful jewelry, please don´t stop never creating your wonderful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I could not imagine stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these paintings, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete